Post by tonib on Apr 29, 2013 13:57:11 GMT
There are 2 ways to add photos into a post
- Using the add attachment button at the top of the post box - this will let you choose from those on your computer.
Certain criteria apply such as max. size & a limit of the number of attachments per post - it tells you what these are in the pop up window that appears when you click add attachment.
Using this method the photos will appear as thumbnails (not too small) which can be clicked on to enlarge.
- To attach a file, click the + Add Files... button, and then choose a file that you would like to upload from the Browse window that pops up. Once you choose a file, you will see a progress bar for the attachment that is uploading.
- Once the attachment has been made, you can use the Insert button to have the attachment appear wherever your cursor currently is within your post.
You can add a number of files up to the limit specified, inserting as you go or choose them all & then insert them one by one.
If you move the attachment pop-up around as you need to see the post text box you can type something in the text box & then insert the picture after it & then type more then add another picture & so on without having to close the pop-up or re-arrange the words & pictures afterwards.
- (You can use the Delete button if you decide against adding an attachment.)
- When finished click on the Done button found at the bottom of the pop-up window and the pop-up will close & any photos you haven't inserted will appear at the very end of your post after your thread has been made.
- Using photobucket and other such services
you will need the direct url of the photo on that service (given by the share on that service) not the embed url
- use the button that looks like a picture just above the box for typing your message in
- A pop-up asking for the url will appear & you can insert the details from photobucket (or whatever)
Some services' direct link (e.g. Flickr) provide a link which clicked will open their photo page. However if you share by selecting the Grab the HTML/BBCode option on the Flickr photo & choosing BBCode & copy the source directly into your post it'll load.
To get the url from Photobucket (for example)
click on the photo you want to move to the forum. Move down the page a little and look to the right of the page and you will see a few boxes with links inside. You want the URL.